Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Coconut Oil, the all Natural Moisturizer

For the longest time I hated coconut. Everything about it made me go EWWW~ I didn't like anything associated with coconut such as coconut cake, the flavor, lotions, or smells. Not until recently did I start incorporating coconut into everything because of all the good things I heard and read about it. It's so versatile and great for you nutritionally. Now I drink the coconut water and use coconut oil in all my foods. It's so crazy how I have changed everything. I even make my soaps out of coconut oil. They lather up much better that way.
Here is a photo of my real coconut drinks that me and my mom drank. They were so YUMMY! We felt like we were in the tropical islands, hehe~

I have to say I love using coconut oil for my face. I break out very easily and I still do! My stress levels, sleep, diet, and sometimes hormones trigger my acne. It has gotten better since I've turned to a healthier and more vegetarian based diet. I mix coconut oil and vitamin E oil together to create my all time favorite moisturizer. Here is my new "secret" beauty routine for my beauties out there:

Face wash - I use Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap or my own homemade soap. Click here for my recipe.

Toner: Thayers Witch Hazel. BEAUUUU-TI-FUL product! Witch hazel is an all natural astringent but it's not harsh at all! I have super duper sensitive skin and this is calming and soothing. It has a light sweet smell to it which I don't mind and that says a lot because I like to have all my products with little to no scent. I got mine at a local natural market and I paid 9.99 US dollars for mine. It's a bit pricey I must say but it's definitely worth it. Try checking online websites and see if it's any cheaper.


Moisturizer: Coconut oil and vitamin E oil. Any brand of organic, fair trade, and non-GMO product should be great. I get mine from Mountain Rose Herbs in bulk.

Check out their lovely website by clicking on the image.


As for vitamin E oil. I get the NOW brand because it's the natural vitamin E called d-alpha tocopherol and other versions would be synthetic which only work half as good.

I only use a tiny amount of coconut oil and it goes a long way. I use a pinch as small as a rain drop and it covers my whole face and neck. My skin is looking young and vibrant.

I can't tell you how much I love my current routine because it literally saves time and money. It's super easy! No crazy formulas or recipes with this one. Every skin type can use this and add on.

Let me know your thoughts.

For now, good night my bonbon beauties.
Shon XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment