Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November Update: Homemade Natural Soaps and Hair dyes

So much to update on, my bonbon beauties~ I have been extremely busy these past couple of months but what's new?! School, school, and more school...and work. I can't believe it's already November. Time really does fly. I missed you all here and decided to pop back in. I seriously need to get back onto here and make some recipes. I made some homemade soap recently and they're absolutely wonderful. This is actually my second time ever to make my own soap. The first time was in science class my freshman year in high school. All I recall is that it didn't lather up very well lol. I used no molds for this batch and it's 100% vegan and natural. They smell so nice, lather up really well (surprisingly!), and moisturize really well for plain soap.

Up close and personal! How cute are these babies? 100 % REAL ALL NATURAL SOAPS. <3 I absolutely love making my soap now.

I'll share my recipe here: organic coconut oil, sweet almond oil, organic jojoba oil, organic unrefined shea butter, d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E oil), organic peppermint oil

Honestly, you don't need all of these ingredients to make soap. Minus the equipment, you need oils and lye. Really simple, right?! I based my recipe online and the video I looked up was the cold process soap which is really simple and easy. If you're wondering if you can make soap without it, you can't. You have to have lye but let me tell you this though if you get the 100% lye (I bought it on amazon for really cheap like 6 or 7 bucks) it will saponify and eventually not exist in the soap. Saponification takes about a month.

I just bought soap molds recently to make them look pretty and nice. I got these on amazon for about 13 or 15 dollars a piece which are kind of reasonable for good silicone soap molds. I was going to make Christmas gifts this year and so I'll be making lots o' soap! How fun~
If you guys want tips or actual steps on my personal recipe, let me know I'll definitely teach you!

Another item I started getting into was natural hair dyes without any chemicals. I like the au naturale. Sings. I think I'm turning Indian, I think I'm turning Indian, I really think so! (based off a song, if you don't get the reference it's okay)I know I'm a dork. So I never thought you can dye your hair without chemical. I figured out that you can use henna which is derived from plants to dye your hair with slight hints of red, blue, brown, black, etc. Seriously, this is the best thing I've found out recently.
The green package called Nupur can be purchased on Amazon for just a few dollars. Amazon has been my BFF for the past couple years. I absolutely love online shopping. However I got this batch at a Indian market and I was actually in the area so I decided to get the essentials. ^.^ All you do is mix water, lemon, and henna and let it sit for 2 to 3 hours. Then you put it on your hair for about 4 to 5 hours. It seems a bit extreme but it is definitely worth the wait. The longer the wait the better. This combination gives my hair a hint of red. It's really cool~~ I love it. I've tried organic indigo which is another green powder that gives a dark bluish tint.

I'm going to write tons more later as I'm getting extremely sleepy. Miss my beauties here and will talk to you soon~ Love Shon


1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete