Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Coconut Milk Shampoo, Bodywash, Shaving Cream All-in-one!

Creamy Mint Coconut Shampoo sounds like a dessert haha. Please don't eat this guys, I know it's tempting. So I wanted to do an updated version of my original post of coconut milk shampoo which is one of my most popular posts, "Nourishing Coconut Shampoo Recipe."

As I would use homemade shampoos more and more, I found myself to make adjustments and make slight improvements and I found a formula now that I absolutely love! I can't tell you how much I love it. I use so much of this stuff. I've been making my own shampoo and using it for six months and I don't ever want to go back to buying commercial shampoo. My hair used to be seriously frizzy, brittle, and damaged when I used brands like Pantene, Dove, Suave, Treseme, etc... My hair now is healthier, stronger, and softer. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use it as a face wash, body wash, and shampoo all-in-one!

M A T E R I A L S : bowl for mixing   //   spoon   //   funnel   //   recycled bottle   {   I got mine at Natural Grocers or click here for Sunburstbottle for all kinds of glass and plastic bottles  or it might be cheaper on amazon   }   //   dropper for the essential oils


TIP: I personally like to get a bottle with a pump or one with a lid that has a small spout like the one below which is the one I'm currently using. Other bottles are fine but from experience I tend to lose a lot of product by accidentally pouring too much. 


I N G R E D I E N T S :  


Native Forest brand of organic coconut milk  
One of the best brands for coconut milk as it is non-GMO, USDA organic, and BPA free. This is really important just because most cans are lined with BPA. It is a little more pricey than most coconut milk brands but it's definitely worth the cost. I believe it's about 3 US dollars a can.


//   Dr Bronner's brand of  organic liquid castile soap   //   Now Solutions brand of vitamin E oil   // 























Mountain Rose Herbs organic essential oils such as peppermint, lavender, and tea tree oil

Why I picked this combination is that I got a really mixture of cleansing, healing, and refreshing all in one. The peppermint gives you a tingling feeling as you shower and it really wakes you up in the morning. The tea tree oil is cleansing as it is highly anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. The lavender is calming and soothing and it smells wonderful.




//   optional raw honey


**The brands I list are just recommendations that I love and use and I did link the brands to the website you can purchase from. You can use whatever brands you prefer. 
**I got a lot of these items from Natural Grocers, amazon, Mountain Rose Herbs


D I R E C T I O N S:

Pour 1 part of coconut milk (examples you can use one-half cup or one cup depending how much you want to make) and 1 part of liquid castile soap into the bowl. With your dropper pick up about 3 drops of peppermint, 2 drops of lavender, and 2 drops of tea tree for every ounce of product you make. You can always eyeball it and put a few drops into the mixture and try it out. If you need more than you can always add more. Don't put too much at once because you can't undo that (well you sorta can lol) and it would be too strong.  Just in case you do mess up, make sure to put more coconut milk to dilute it. 
Add 5 drops of vitamin E oil for every ounce and a half teaspoon of honey (optional).
Mix everything completely with a spoon. Put your funnel on top of your bottle and make sure it doesn't tip over. Call a friend if you need to. Pour all the contents into the funnel. Get every last bit and tadaaaa! Your very own "creamy mint coconut shampoo!"


I use this as my facial cleasner, body wash, shampoo, and shaving cream. Talk about saving money! =)

6 comments:

  1. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with valuable information to work
    on. You have done a formidable job and our entire
    community will be grateful to you.

    Here is my weblog :: best detox

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the honey: is it a half teaspoon per ounce? Or for the whole recipe? I tried it out but it made my hair feel greasy...I wasn't sure if the honey was the culprit or not. Love it as a body wash though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just use half a teaspoonful for the entire thing. You only want a tad bit in there. If it was too greasy for you try making it without and let me know if it's any better. I'm so glad you tried my favorite recipe!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the response! I actually added a half teaspoon per ounce...oops! I'll try again with the correct amounts this time :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really informative post. At Organic SCA we have Shea Butter Shaving Cream do try it you will like it.

    ReplyDelete