Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dairy Free Coconut Milk Ice Cream

Have you heard of 
?


I've seen the brand before but I knew little about it. I don't eat ice cream often but now that it's summer time and I have a sweet tooth I picked up one of these babies. I totally caved in when I saw it was dairy free. So Delicious brand is dairy-free for those who are lactose intolerant like I am! I was slightly skeptical as trying most new brands but I fell in love right away at first bite. It is super light and it's not exactly like typical dairy ice cream. The texture kind of reminds me of a frozen version of chocolate mousse. It was so DELICIOUS. I couldn't believe the taste was perfect.
Ingredients are as follows: organic coconut milk (water, organic coconut cream), organic agave syrup, chicory root extract, cocoa (pressed with alkali), carob bean gum, guar gum, natural flavor. 




This ice cream is made with organic and non-GMO coconuts. The ice cream is a bit pricey. I bought mine for about 5 or 6 dollars for a pint but it was totally worth every penny. They have desserts on their website made with coconut milk and almond milk. They have milk, ice creams, creamers, and cultured milks.

What I like about this company is that their packaging is BPA-free. They use high quality sanitation  and make sure all their products are allergen tested. 


The company was started in 1990 as a one man operation by it's founder Mark Brawerman. His vision was to provide the public with the highest quality dairy free products to those who have specific needs like me and so many others.

This is officially my favorite ice cream. I can't wait to try all their flavors!

Next dessert I want to try:
DROOOOOOLS!

What are your favorite ice creams or desserts (brands?)

No comments:

Post a Comment