Sunday, June 30, 2013

DIY Shampoo, Bodywash, Shaving Cream All-In-One!

Ingredients & materials:
  • Container - find a empty container preferably with a pump. If you don't have one you can always look on sunburstbottle.com (BPA free bottles) and buy one but they are somewhat pricey if you are not buying in bulk.
  • Castile soap [liquid] - Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild is a good one I like to use
  • Coconut milk - try to get organic and BPA free. Native Forest is one brand that I know is both organic, non-GMO, and BPA-free.
  • Vitamin E oil - try to get the d-alpha tocopherol as this is nature derived. Most other ones are synthetic and work half as well. I use the Now solutions brand and it works great!
  • Honey - Raw, organic, and unfiltered
  • Essential oils - your favorite smells. I like to use peppermint, lavender, and eucalyptus essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs. 

Mix two parts coconut milk to one part castile soap. Put a few drops of vitamin E oil and essential oils. You can put a teaspoon of honey and then mix well.

Here is the end product. How legit does that look? It smells and feels wonderful to use in the shower. I literally spent a few dollars just making everything since all the items are versatile and used everyday. It's just a wonderful feeling doing the right thing of going green (recycling old bottles instead of throwing it away), using all natural ingredients, feeling empowered when I create my own products instead of depending on chemical-filled products from the drugstore. 





1 comment:

  1. Hello
    I Read your article. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information, and I hope you will share some more info about Jewelry Bath Bomb. You wrote really very well, I really like your blog and information provided by you. I appreciate your work.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete