Friday, February 21, 2014

Homemade Smoothie Fridays: Beets and Raspberries



Gather your ingredients:
  • 1/2 of beet, chopped

  • 1/3 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries

  • 1 cup of orange juice

  • 1 tbsp of goji berries or powder

  • 1 tbsp of acai powder



I like frozen fruit since I can keep them in the fridge longer as I tend to get busy throughout the week.

I use the Navitas brand. Looking forward to trying out different ones. :)

The dirt looking stuff on top is the acai powder. 

Goji berries are great anti-oxidants and rich in vitamin A.

 Look at this rich and beautiful color. This is so yummy. It's healthy and nutritious and gives me an energy boost throughout the day! I love beets!

Benefits of beets: detox, vitamins A, B, & C, beta-carotene, beta-cyanine, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, and iron. Beets are great for everybody and pregnant women as well. (Please consult with your doctor before starting any diet regimen)

No comments:

Post a Comment