Friday, July 25, 2014

Bye-bye Curler! All Natural Curls Without Heat


You can get beautiful bouncy curls just like Jessica Alba here without all the expenses of perming, curlers, chemicals, or salons! You can do this all naturally without heat or chemicals.

Okay so I decided one day that I wanted to curl my hair without using the iron. I own the brand Remington curling wand [1/2'' to 1'']as pictured below. It only cost me 25 US dollars as of July 2014. I actually got this at Wal-mart (I don't shop there often because I tend to buy my items online). Here is the link to their online store for this wand.



I love this wand actually. It comes with a black glove and please use it because it is extremely easy to burn yourself. I don't care how good you are with the curler! =P I hate the old style curlers that clamp on because they don't produce a natural looking curl. Here's an example pictured below.

Not my favorite curler.


But...

I noticed my hair getting just a bit damaged from the heat produced from the straightener and curler that I own. I do use it quite often. I also noticed that it took me hours to get my hair done because I have very thick hair. I mean very THICK! I almost despise having thick hair. All the thin haired people are going to be like whaaaaaaa?!!!! Lol.

So I started watching all kinds of Youtube videos on curling. There are so many different techniques! All in all, I ended up doing the one where you start off with one strand of hair and twisting it into a ball and tying it with a rubber band. You'll have several of these on your head. Make sure to part different areas of your head. It'll be time consuming the first time you do it but after that you'll get the hang of it and it'll be much faster. I promise!

I do something similar to this.


I absolutely love these new curls that I've been doing and it's all natural with no heat. I don't even use hairspray because it doesn't really need it. You'll see people use hairspray in the tutorials but I wouldn't recommend it.

There are tons of different and fancy ways to do curls with no heat. My tip is go with something easy and simple at first and then work your way to different ones like sock, straws, cocoon curls, etc. Let me know how that goes!  I love the creative and fun ways people are coming up with doing different tasks.

Benefit: No damage to hair. It's all natural. It's inexpensive. Easy to do.
Cons: Time consuming. Learning curve.


Remember one thing though while doing this type of curling. Use freshly washed hair that is fairly dry. It can not be too damp. Do not blow dry either. The curls are not going to be bouncy and soft. Another tip is to do it after a shower and your hair is almost dry (like 90%) and tie your hair into twisty balls and sleep on it. Make sure each one is secure and you'll wake up in the morning with all natural curls.

What are your favorite ways of curling or styling hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment