Friday, January 17, 2014

Homemade Smoothie Fridays: Berry Medley

Good morning bonbon beautiful people~
I'm feeling so great today maybe because it's FRIDAY! I wanted to share with you my smoothie recipe today. I stumbled upon the frozen berry medley at my local market and I can't believe I've never gotten these before. I am in love~~ The great thing is that if you're busy you don't have to worry about them spoiling. So I'm going to call it Shon's fantastic berry-licious orange smoothie! Jk. That's a bit much. It's so sweet and yummy. I did not put any additional sweeteners or anything as the orange juice and the berries did the job.

RAW Ingredients:
1 cup of orange juice
1 cup of frozen berry medley (Whole foods)
1/2 of an organic apple
A few slices of red cabbage
A few carrots
A few slices of banana    ***Optional
Tbsp of freeze dried organic pomegranate powder   //   Navitas brand     ***Optional

This can make 2 servings
Tip: Try to get organic and non-GMO if they are available to you. Or if you grow your own that's even better!

It was sooooooo good. It's packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Who could resist?? I drank 2 of these by myself. >.< The funny thing is that I feel hungrier and tempted to make more. I guess I can snack on some bananas before I make another one. What are your favorite homemade recipes??? Feel free to share with everybody below!

Love Shon

No comments:

Post a Comment