Saturday, December 28, 2013

December Update: Winter Break & New Buys

Hello my bonbon beauties!

It's been a long time I know, sigh~ -_-

So I hope everyone had a beautiful holiday with family and friends. I sure did! I got what I wanted this year which was a few furniture items and a gift card to my favorite market Wholefoods. I got my brother a phone case for his new Samsung Galaxy phone and a blood pressure monitor. He needed one desperately because his health is not so good. I try to help him out and give him advice. I got my mother frying pans this year. I know these items don't seem very much buuuut I am in nursing school so that makes me poor! I just spent all of my savings on tuition. Give me a break guys lol. I helped out with the cooking this year and I made corn salad and spinach salad. YUM!

I wanted to share my recent updates with me:

I switched coffee brands. I went from Starbucks brand of K-CUPS to donut shop. It's such a surprise for me especially when I've been drinking Starbucks for years. I still do actually when I go out and get coffee.






I must say I like the switch because the cost is much lower and the taste of this coffee tastes great as well. I would say it's pretty comparable. It's a much bolder taste for me since it's medium roast. I usually drink blonde veranda version which is a lighter roast that I like but I only found medium roast in donut shop brand so that would explain why I started drinking stronger coffee. I found it for 24 k-cups for about 14 or 15 dollars. With Starbucks it would be half the amount of k cups. Here is the link where I got mine from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006N3HZL0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mighty Leaf Tea is my absolute favorite tea brand when it comes to simple pouches in a box. This is my fourth flavor to try from this lovely company. I've tried their tropical green tea, detox, breakfast black tea, and ginger twist. I love the pouch packaging as it's not the normal pouches you would see in common brands. I have to say I've tried several other brands and this one is by far my favorite.



I am already setting my new years resolutions early and I'm am challenging myself to become fluent in speaking Korean by the end of next year. This has always been something I've longed for but never really thought about getting into fully so hopefully I will be fluent by the end of next year in December. I started off watching all kinds of videos of Shinhwa. They're a boy band that I fell in love with when I was like 10 years old. I forgot about them for a long time and decided it was time to get back into Korean culture. It was a lot of fun and it's really different. Maybe my obsession for them now stems from my nostalgia and the fact they are the only "idol group" that has lasted this long. Almost 15 years!


I bought a black eyeliner from Juicebeauty. If you don't know about this brand well you should! It's a great organic and toxic-free high end cosmetics line that is based in California, USA. Click for their website. I wanted to get it from 100% Pure but they always seem to be out of their black eyeliner. It's a popular item! I will do a review on this item soon for you all. This eyeliner only cost me 16 US dollars.



I've been getting into stretching everyday. It's really good for your posture and back. I especially do it before a workout or if I go running. I try to run about 3 to 4 times a week if I'm not too busy. That is not including my walks outside which I do for about a couple miles and then I also walk around a lot at work. I will in the near future start getting into weights which will be a new thing for me because I usually lean more towards cardio then I do with weight training but I've been reading more and more on how good that is for you too. I will start off with light weight training for my arms first as I'm weak there lol.

Well here is a few things I've been getting into and I hope to keep myself busy so I can share more interesting items with you all. Hope you guys stay safe and healthy this winter and you will hear from me very soon.




Love Shon


No comments:

Post a Comment