Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Makeup Brands I Want to Get Into

I started getting into eco-friendly, cruelty free, and healthy products recently. (I've also gone vegetarian and it's the best move I've made by far in my life!) It's hard to find certain brands that you can trust nowadays because they contain at least one ingredient that is linked to cancer. It freaks me out! I don't know if it's a marketing hype to get me to buy organic products but it certainly made me more conscious and aware of it. I try my best to recycle containers and make my own products at home. There are some drawbacks to this as sometimes I don't have the time or the resources to make it.  I'm geared towards makeup in this blog and by in no means have I tried any of these yet with the exception of 100% Pure. I'm working on getting more of these into my collection. This is not a review of the cosmetics line but just listing brands I want to get into. (FYI if you want to know more about each brand click on the name, I've linked it for you~)

Au Naturale



This brand is an American cosmetics line that was started up by two friends Ashley Prange and Alexandra Salit - Sawyer. They were looking for a high-end makeup line that didn't have to sacrifice their health and values in order to look beautiful. Focused on environment and artistry they created a line that is high quality and use-able. A lot of the makeup is made with organic ingredients with an exception of few. They have non-nano ingredients which is really important which means the materials are not absorbed into the skin. There are a list of the ingredients which you guys can check out. If you're familiar with Bare Escentuals then you will like this brand a lot as it is somewhat similar (there are a lot of differences) but definitely a lot better for you in health.


 Juicebeauty 

Juicebeauty.com is an organic line that is truely organic based on their website. They use organic fruit juices in their items. Hence the name Juicebeauty! I haven't tried this one yet but I'm excited about this line! There are products that a lot of magazines rave about which is their CC cream. Seems like a lot of companies are raving about that nowadays.



[All photos are part of their respected owners and their website]

I wasn't aware that there is a celebrity collection by Alicia Silverstone. If you're not familiar with her, she' more notably known as an actress in Clueless and The Crush [which I grew up watching!]


2. The Honest Company


I actually found this out because I was watching a interview of Jessica Alba. I adore her! She is co-founder of a line that is honest, cruelty free and contains no toxic chemicals. Oh, did I also mention eco-friendly? It's targeted toward families with young children since there are a lot of baby products. Nonetheless! There are items for everyone and I'm interested in their household cleaning products and sunscreen. They actually have a bundle sampler that you only pay $5.95 US dollars for shipping only and you get to sample some of their products. Pretty neat, huh? Sounds like a great deal! One catch though doing this will automatically sign you up for a membership which is so much per month but you can easily cancel out of that.



I wanted to get this interesting fruit and veggie spray that they have and it's sold out! You spray it on your fruits and vegetables to clean them. How awesome! Also, I forgot to mention that the great thing about this company is that they ship every month of the items you run out of for great deals. Definitely helpful and worth checking out for busy families!


So you might be familiar with this brand too which I have already gotten and tried out. I really like it. All the products I've tried smell good and feels great. I bought the pink box gift set and I actually have a video review of it on my Youtube channel! I got a chiffon blush, mascara, 2 eyeshadows, 2 brushes, eye cream stick, and a lip color. I love the packaging. It's so adorable! The box is pink which is my favorite color and has hopping bunnies which are one of my favorite animals. It runs for 65 US dollars but I used a coupon which brought it down to 50 something dollars. You can find some online coupons, you just have to search for it! =)





The top one is a cheek tint in strawberry. Yummy! On their website they claim to use fruit and vegetable pigments. The colors are bright and amazing. They are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and ecofriendly. There are tons of products on their site so beware you might be on there for hours like I did. LOL. There are a lot of adorable gift baskets too! 


What I liked about this beauty brand was the back story to how it was created. Rose Marie Swift is a renown makeup artist from NY and her work has been featured in huge publications like Victoria Secret, GAP, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren and the list goes on! She went to the doctor one day to find that she had toxic levels of metals, solvents, and pesticides in her body! The technician asked her if she worked in the cosmetic industry and she didn't know that cosmetics could prose such a health issue. So this is where she begins her health conscious journey and this makeup line seems pretty legit. It's a "high-end organic line that is truly luxurious."

Above is a lip2cheek tint and it is 36 US dollars. (It's a bit pricey but reviews say it's worth the dollar) It's cool because as you can figure out by the name you can use the tint for lips and cheeks! Who doesn't love two in one product. This color featured in the photo is called smile and it's a beautiful peachy color which I need in my makeup collection. Also, their lip balms are raved by Allure like this one here. Definitely worth a try!





I like the names of two of their products which are narcissist and universalist. Their package design is simple and white. Pretty cool! I love creative packaging designs. The Narcissist which I have a photo here and it's stick foundation and concealer. This company is toxin free and ecofriendly. 



Definitely let me know if you guys know of any more that I'm not aware about. All of these I mentioned are American natural beauty brands. I found that Australia have great brands. I don't know too much about Europe and Asia. What are your favorite brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment