Monday, June 30, 2014

100% Pure Review: Healthy Skin Foundation With Super Fruits



Item: Healthy Skin Foundation With Super Fruits

Full Coverage/Satin Finish

Size: 1oz bottle (30ml)

Cost: $35.00 (US) ***as of June 2014

It comes in seven different colors (as with most of their fruit pigmented face makeup).

Review:

Perks: SPF 20, antioxidant super fruits, vitamins, free from synthetic dyes, feels light on the face

Cons: Expensive, formula dries too quickly, can come off streaky and cakey, no satin finish





I decided one day that I needed a full coverage liquid foundation because I never used one before. I bought the peach bisque as it is my color in my other 100% Pure face products such as the powder and the tinted moisturizer and their two different concealers. All very lovely products by the way.



Here is what I got in the mail. My first thoughts was: wow the container looks like a mini version of the tinted moisturizer. I push about two pumps out and dab spots on my face to get even coverage and I rub it all over my face. Mind you, I did wash my face prior and apply primer and moisturizer. The foundation came out streaky and dried too quickly. I thought well maybe I didn't apply it right the first time or didn't put enough product. After a few days in a row and trying it with different combinations with or without moisturizer or primer or with  more pumps or less, it still came out the same way. I can tell the product is amazing but it didn't look right on my face and then I had to top it off with powder on top to cover up the streaks. I decided to go back to my old routine of using primer, tinted moisturizer and powder. I found by accident though to use this foundation as a concealer instead and it worked out perfectly. This product actually works better than my concealer at covering pimples and scars which only covers it semi.

I love all of 100% Pure products and they all work out for me except for this product. Looking at the brightside, I found it to be a really good concealer though and I'm kind of glad because then I can use this instead as my concealer since it works better anyways and I get more bang for my buck. :)

Would I recommend this foundation to a friend? I probably would recommend something else instead like getting their tinted moisturizer which works better with powder or to try out their new hydrating foundation. I haven't tried that hydrating one yet so if I get that, I'll make sure to do a review.

Love you all my bonbons. Hope this helped! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment