Monday, May 6, 2013

Clarifying Green Tea Shampoo

Okay folks! Just like I promised I am going to write about my green tea shampoo that I really like for my hair. It's cleansing and it helps with my occasional dandruff. There are several recipes out there that are just as awesome but this is one I prefer for my own hair. I like the vitamin E oil and green tea but it's full of antioxidants! Just make sure to do your research and play around with the ingredients to see what works for you!

Ingredients:
  • 1 part (i.e. 1 cup)of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap
  • 1 part (i.e. 1 cup) of Green tea
  • 1 teaspoon of honey
  • 1+ teaspoon(s) of oil - I like almond oil since it's thin and light
  • A few drops of tea tree oil
  • A few drops of vitamin E oil
  • ***Optional*** essential oils for good smells (peppermint, citrus, lavender... )
Materials:
  • Container with lid
  • Spoon
  • Measuring cup
  • ***Optional*** funnel


Be aware that this shampoo will be of thinner consistency than most conventional shampoos. The tea oil has a distinct smell so make sure you smell it before you use it though. I personally like it because it's a natural antiseptic which it's very cleansing. You can always add more (different) essential oils to it to create a more pleasant smell. Click here for the Mountain Herbs website for good quality essential oils.

Directions:
I usually have a cup of hot water and steep the tea bag every few minutes or so (I use the Mighty Tea Leaf brand) and make sure it's really concentrated. You can always add another tea bag to make it more stout. Make sure the tea cools down completely before mixing it.
Pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix with spoon. 

Pour contents into container of choice. :)

 If it doesn't have a wide mouth then make sure to have a funnel. You don't want to make a mess! Lol. Try not to shake the bottle as it will create too many bubbles. Gently stir the bottle if needed. And VOILA! You are all done! Let me know what you guys think~ <3 <3 <3

P.S. You can always use this as a cleansing body wash, face wash, and hand soap~ ^___^

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I would like to thank you for sharing this useful idea about green tea shampoo. Frankly speaking, I didn't even think about it. Truth be told I will keep this idea in my blog at https://www.killingtonmountainschool.org/profile/lizzmitchel/profile thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete