Sunday, May 26, 2013

How to Make Your Own Natural Eyeliner



I realized even with natural makeup there are toxic chemicals that could be harmful for you. We should make it a priority to take care of our eyes and skin. I want to show you a simple and all natural way to make your very own eyeliner at home. All you need is activated charcoal capsules or powder and a few drops of water. You could do this dry and it still works just as great! Make sure to use that thin angled brush for eyelining. Looks like this:
3.99 US dollars w/o tax and shipping

I put up a photo of myself with my right eye all lined up with charcoal and water and nothing on the left eye for comparison. Share your comments below to let me know what you think. I think it looks pretty similar to the real thing. I also like to use this dry for the eyebrows and as an eyeshadow to make it more of a smokey eye effect for a night time clubbing look. *DISCO DANCE*

I'm holding one of the capsules. It's easy to pull apart and sprinkle onto a small plate or container. A little bit goes a very long way. One capsule can last you weeks depending on how often you use it. I have a glass container and I use the lid as my plate like the one below I got for like a dollar at Sunburstbottle.com.


Here is my brand that I use that I found at Natural Grocers for like 5 US dollars. 
A great natural makeup remover that I use is the Desert Essence organic jojoba oil I bought online from Amazon.com for like 12 US dollars. I put a couple of drops onto a Q-tip and apply. I love the smell of jojoba oil! Be advised charcoal can get a little messy. The great thing about jojoba oil is that it's awesome all natural moisturizer for the skin and hair. 


I make my own face moisturizer with jojoba oil and d-alpha tocopherol (natural vitamin E). <----not the synthetic ones! Check out my blog about which vitamin E Click here.

Here is the brand I use which is called Now Solutions Vitamin E Oil 32,000 U 100% natural. This stuff works amazing. It's a thick amber colored solution. It is truly natural as it is the d-alpha tocopherol. <---this is the only one that occurs naturally. The others dl-alpha tocopherol, tocopherol acetate, etc etc...are all synthetic and only work half as well. Make sure to look on the back of the bottle and it says nothing else besides d-alpha tocopherol. The second best would be the mixed tocopherol with the gamma, alpha, and beta. Anything besides that would be a complete waste of money. I got my bottle at Natural Grocers for like 13 or 14 US dollars. You can find it on Amazon.com for like 10 US dollars (that's without tax and shipping of course)


No comments:

Post a Comment