Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Seriously Soft Skin with Mango Mask

Make sure to read the list of ingredients to make sure you aren't allergic to anything. I want to emphasize that this is a great natural exfoliating mask for all skin types especially for sensitive skin types. For those like me you can't really use abrasive formulas as it will really damage the skin. I learned the hard way! (You should have seen my face after I used a baking soda mask...it wasn't pretty)  This mask and the oatmeal scrub is best for me when it comes to exfoliating my skin. The result is super soft baby skin. I always keep touching my face when I'm done because it's just that soft! Let's get started, shall we?

All you need is four items:

1 small chunk of Mango

1 small chunk of Banana 
1 tsp of Lemon juice - I use Santa Cruz Organic brand or squeeze real lemons!
1 tsp. of Honey - I use a raw, unfiltered, & organic

The natural fruit acids in this is going to gently exfoliate your skin which I think makes your skin so soft and baby like. This is great for sensitive type skin like me! The honey is a natural antiseptic and helps with my acne. You could always put a few drops of vitamin E oil if you like which is an added antioxidant and this reduces my acne scars.

I cut a tiny piece of mango and banana for the mask and then eat the rest of it. Make sure they're ripe. Hehe. Yummy yummy in my tummy! You want to make sure you're getting the nutrients inside as well because your body will show it. Make sure to mix everything into a bowl very well. You want to have a thick consistency. If you made too much make sure to wrap it up in the fridge. Don't want to waste all that pure goodness. :)

I would leave this on for at least 20 minutes to let it really soak in. Tip: you could wash your face in warm water before doing this so it would really open up your pores to soak this all in.
 Then rinse off with luke warm water and then follow up with cold water. I usually use my green tea toner afterwards that I make. Click here for the link to my skin care routine blog. If you read it, you'll see that I always leave my green tea in the fridge and the cold tightens my pores. The green tea has caffeine and antioxidants both great for the skin. The caffeine will help reduce redness and puffiness in my skin. If you're worried about intaking too much caffeine, you don't have to worry because the skin absorbs caffeine at such a slow rate. I believe it's like a few micrograms an hour which is not very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment