Thursday, May 2, 2013

Gentle Oatmeal Mask & Bodywash

Want to know how to get smooth exfoliated skin without spending too much money? Get some good quality oats! Here's the one I use below which I got from Whole Foods for like 5 or 6 dollars.

How to make your very own oatmeal mask:

Get a few teaspoon of oats and wash it warm water. Save that water for later (we'll be using it for the shampoo recipe) Squeeze as much of the water you can from the oats and put it in a mixing bowl.

Cold water: Oatmeal scrub

Warm/hot water: Oatmeal mask

[Helpful tip: I like to make it much more concentrated by using hot water instead and making sure the water gets really really MILKY. And I mean really milky! Try squeezing the oats with a fork or spoon to get it more concentrated. Use whichever one works better for you. Make sure oats and water cool down a bit before using] WARNING: be care when handling hot liquids!!

Choose one below to add consistency:
(Make sure it's about 1 teaspoon (give or take) of total ingredients. You don't want too much as it will be too liquid and fall of your face easily)


  1. Water
  2. Honey & Oil (My preferred is almond oil)
  3. Milk
  4. Yogurt

Keep it at a thick consistency. Rub all over clean and dry face. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. If you're doing the scrub then apply in circular motions as this will gently exfoliate your skin (perfect for sensitive skin). This is one of my favorite scrubs as I have super sensitive skin. Tip: make sure the oats don't go down the drain as this might clog your plumbing. Rinse off with cold water to close and tighten your pores.

How to make your own oatmeal body wash:


  • 3 parts Left over water from the oatmeal
  • 1 part Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Castile Soap
  • 1 part oatmeal flour (I ground this up from my oats)
  • 1 teaspoon of honey - I use organic unfiltered raw honey 


  • Few teaspoons of Sweet Almond Oil
  • A few drops of vitamin E oil
  • ****optional**** Add a few drops of essential oil (of choice) for good smells ^-^
  • Container with lid
Pour everything into a mixing bowl and stir contents. Pour into container. Tada! Try to play around with the amount of ingredient to make the recipe fit your needs. This is just a helpful framework to get you started. You know your hair and scalp better than I do! Let me know what you guys think~

SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING ^_^

Another tip:
I like to use this as a shaving cream and surprisingly it works out pretty well since I like to make it slightly thicker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment