Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Natural Slim Fast Smoothie Recipe

I remember this stuff when it was in a can. Maybe it still is? I don't really know as I don't actively look for this stuff. I have a healthier and more natural version of this you can easily make. This is a really simple and easy nutritious smoothie full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, calcium, fiber, and so much more! Make sure to check the ingredients for any allergies. 

You will only need a few items:


1 Organic banana - vitamin C, vitamin B6, antioxidents, energy (94% carbs)

Cacao powder - antioxidents, fiber - I got mine at Sprouts or you can find this on Amazon.com

Milk - calcium, protein(soy) - any milk should work depending on your diet (dairy, soy, almond, rice, lactaid, etc...) I'm using the Silk soy milk chocolate for this one.

Organic flax seed powder - natural fiber, omega-3's, iron (Bob's Red Mill Brand - I actually ground this up myself) I put a picture below of what the bag looks like. You can get this anywhere from your natural market or online.

Blender and cup


Gather your ingredients.


 Cut up one banana into little pieces.


Put your pieces into the blender container.



 1 to 2 large scoopfuls of flax seed powder.


1 to 2 large scoopfuls of cacao powder. 



Pour in your milk of choice.



Cover your blender. Don't want a huge mess~! 



LOUD NOISES GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



All done! ENJOY! =) 



Up to 2 servings or if you're like me maybe the whole thing for yourself. This stuff is filling!


Play around with the ingredients of course to cater your taste and needs. And of course you can add so much more fruit to this but I'm just showing you a basic and easy recipe to make at home for any meal of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment