Monday, May 6, 2013

DIY Natural Multipurpose Cleaner

This is an all natural, non-toxic, economical, and environmentally way to clean all around your house. What I love about this cleaner is that you can use it for just about anything! Use discretion though, always test the surface with a small amount before you clean the entire space (although, I haven't run into any trouble. ^__^). The main ingredients are vinegar and baking soda. The vinegar is a great antiseptic as it kills most molds, bacteria, and germs due to the acidity. The baking soda is great for scouring, deodorizes, and softens water. I use it for everything like the floors, counters, kitchen, bathroom, dishes, tables, carpet, and so much more!!!


MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANER:

Ingredients:
  • Vinegar  - natural preservative and antiseptic (I use the Apple Cider Vinegar. I don't think it makes a huge difference on what vinegar you use)
  • Baking Soda - (I use Clabber Girl or Arm & Hammer)
  • Distilled water (Try to avoid tap water as it has different minerals and compounds that may react with the baking soda)
Materials:
  • Measuring cup
  • Spoon
  • Spray container

1 part baking soda

2 parts vinegar
32 parts distilled water

For example:


1/8 cup or 6 teaspoons of baking soda.
1/4 cup or 12 teaspoons of vinegar.
4 cups of distilled water.

Hopefully, this isn't too confusing!! Let me know and I try to help out the best I can. This is going to be a lot of cleaner but trust me you'll be using it for everything like I do and I run out quickly! You can always adjust to make smaller proportions if you want to make a smaller amount depending on your bottle size. Adjust accordingly.

You can pour in the distilled water first and then the vinegar. Stir well. Then you can put in the measured amount of baking soda. Stir well. Pour into your spray container. Tada! Have fun and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment