Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Japanese Lashes For Doll Look

Japanese fashion and cosmetics are getting widely popular all over the world. Their cute and doll-like fashion is gaining a lot of attention and their products are being bought from left and right. I can see why! Look at how cute their items are. Japanese people take pride in not only the product's quality but in the aesthetics as well. The packaging is always so adorable.

What gives these Japanese (or most asian) models this signature look are the doll-like eyes. False lashes and circle lens are a MUST and maybe a little photoshop but nonetheless these are the essential items to start off with. Like me, you were probably wondering where to start. It's hard to find the best Japanese brands especially here in the states. You have to look online for almost everything. Never fear my beauty lovers! I will show you here where you can go to get a good pair of lashes. I'm going to review two eyelash brands which are really popular in Japan: Dolly Wink by Tsubasa Masuwaka and DE {Decorative Eyelash}.

First, I'll go over the DE lash brand. DE is a drugstore brand owned by renown company Shobi making these cute looks achievable and affordable. I don't work for these guys, I promise, haha. Each pack of 5 pairs go for about 1050 Japanese Yen. That's about equivalent to 10 US dollars and 25 cents. That's not too bad. That's a little over 2 dollars a piece (not including tax and shipping of course!). But still a great deal, if I say so myself.

You'll see this photo below everywhere it seems like. Decorative eyelash markets their products in three different categories: play cute, play sexy, and play cool. It's pretty easy to understand. The same model Emi Suzuki rocks all three looks. If you are a beginner try starting off with the Play Cute which are lighter lashes and more doll like. Personally, I would go with the Play Cute line just because I don't like dramatic looks unless it's halloween or something.




Play Cute has 7 different eyelashes. All the lashes are upper with the exception of maybe two in this line (most upper lashes as you know can be cut into lower lashes). You can go to their official website to see the detailed lash look. >Click here for official website< What I love about their site is they have close ups like the photo to the left of what the lash look like! I love that! I hate looking at blurry photos or photos too small to even recognize what it looks like. If you're anything like me, I'm a skeptic when it comes to online shopping even though my favorite way to shop nowadays is to shop online! So clearer and bigger the photos the better. It's even better when they have photos of the eyelash, the packaging, the back, and a model wearing the lash which is super important to me when buying lashes especially. I hate sites that only contain models with lashes on because most of the time it's photoshopped to which will make everything they have on look awesome(which may not be the case for you or me)!!! I've learned that the hard way. When you put the same item on what the model is wearing usually doesn't look anything like it, lol! So I posted two photos to the left of the ones I liked but I liked them all. It's hard to decide. I definitely would go with the Play Cute line for an everyday look.  They have a few half lashes in the entire Playgirl series which is awesome since it's not all the same






Here is what the back of the packages look like. Keep in mind the directions are in Japanese. Don't freak out like, "WTF?! I can't read this. What's going on?!" Chill out, it's okay they have pictures and if you still don't get it there are tons of Youtube videos to help you put on lashes.




Play Cool:

There are four lashes and don't let the small number in this group fool you. There are some cute lashes in this one. The hairs on these will be straighter than the Play Cute as they are more criss-cross. #3 can be worn as a lower lash. The photo here is the Play Cool #2 which does a have a overlap mixture of straight and slight criss-cross. This one is going to give you that cat eye look without having to do the eyeliner that way so it will look more natural.



Play Sexy:
Last but not least the Play Sexy line has 7 lashes and two of them are fairly new. The lashes here are a lot fuller than the rest of the line. If you want a dramatic look then this one is for you! I believe #4 and #5 can be lower lashes since they are smaller. They combine criss-cross and straight in this line creating a fuller dramatic look as seen in the photo. They do it in two ways which is like a gradient and an overlap. The lash pictured slightly above is Play Sexy #1 and it is the gradient style as it changes from inner to center to outer. On the official website it says this one is great for customizing and can be cut to fit any style or part of lash. How cool!

This one is Play Sexy #7 is an overlap style which has the straight over the criss-cross. I never knew that there were styles like this which is great to know!
I want it, I want it! Okay so where can I get a pair?!!! Unless you live in Japan you can't really buy directly from the website. Sad face! They have hundreds of adorable items. You can buy these lashes on Honeycolor.com It is a little pricey since they charge over 20 US dollars for one pack. If you guys know of other places to purchase these outside of Japan please comment below. I'm sure everyone will want to know where to get these for cheap! =) I know I do!

Get ready to blow all your money because this line called The Dolly Wink line is very extensive. Dolly Wink is owned by the Koji company and the line was produced by Tsubasa Masukawa.  Not only does it contain false lashes but also a whole
makeup collection that Tsubasa picked out personally down to the very color. I don't care too much for the makeup line (I wish I could) but I use a natural makeup line called Au Naturale and 100% Pure. The lashes though are super duper KUUUUUUTE! Just having Tsubasa on the cover will probably get any gyaru fan or Japanese girl buying it! Heck! I'm not even Japanese and I WANT IT ALL! haha. People went crazy for this. Look at the photo. The line was soooooo long when they first launched this brand. Good god! They have all kinds of false lashes, mascaras, glues, eyeliners, eye shadows, etc etc...

Cuteness overload!!!!!!!!! >0<



There are 17 different eyelash styles in her line. 17??!!!! I don't even know where to start! You can buy these for about 1260 Japanese Yen without tax or shipping. I think their tax is really expensive so it's like double that. That's about 12.31 US dollars. Of course, you're not going to get it for that price since it's imported! If you're an American like me you'll find it to be 27.99 US dollars a piece on the pinkyparadise.com website or you can find it for 17.90+ on the honeycolor.com website.  That's a huge difference. Keep in mind I didn't include tax or shipping costs so this will vary. Comment below if you got it for cheaper elsewhere! Let us know! You might be able to find it on ebay or amazon.com for cheaper!!!!!! These are much pricier than the DE brand I mentioned above. You only get two pairs in the Dolly Wink package. I picked out the Dolly Sweet package to show you guys as an example. This website shows you the lash close up, on the model, and the package. I love Japanese companies.

I hope this post made it easy to get into Japanese eyelashes. I put this all together to save you headache and time as this took me forever to compile this information. Let us know of any other Japanese brands you guys adore! We would love to hear them....

P.S. Here is a eyelash glue suggestion as this one is less toxic than the other popular brands.

    • Approx. 50 applications.
    • Paraben-, phthalate- and fragrance-free.
    • Dermatologist-tested; PETA-certified.
    • By Winks by Georgie™; made in the USA.

  • Ingredients
  • Purified water, natural rubber latex, cellulose gum, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract (USDA-certified organic blue chamomile), sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate, lavandula hybrida (natural lavender). Ingredients are subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.
    (this is featured on my "want googly eyes blog")
    Make sure you are not allergic to latex or any other ingredient listed here.




Ja ne~~~~~~ ^-^v

No comments:

Post a Comment